1) Tessa: You want me to help you dig the foundation to Ergo Headquarters? Why don’t you just hire someone else to do it? George: All my money’s tied up in r&d. I’ve got no liquid capital. 3) Tessa: I can solve that problem, easily. 4) Tessa: Gimme a hundred bucks.
1) Rick: I do some of my best writing in the shower. 2) George: So you come up with an idea, get out of the shower and write it down ? Rick: that’s what I used to do. But nowadays I have an even better system. 3) Rick: Sarah, can you bring me my whiteout?
1) Rick: Boy, you look tired. George: I am, but I finished it. My first invention: the hoverboard! 2) George: I foresee these babies selling like hotcakes. I foresee an explosion of media attention, and cash streaming- 3) *BANG!* 4) Rick: I foresee a trip to the emergency room. George: My second invention will be self-adhesive skin grafts.
1) George: I think Arrowbot’s sharing algorithm still needs some work. Rick: Agreed. 2) Rick: Maybe you can tweak his behavior to make it more human. George: That’s a good idea! 3) Baby: Wanto share? Arrowbot: No!
1) Caption: Week 1. Arrowbot: Ba ba da bi ba di boo ba! Sarah: What’s that supposed to mean? George: I have no idea. 2) Week 2: Arrowbot: Bye Sarah, I’m going outside to play! Sarah: Have a good time, honey. 3) Week 3: Arrowbot: Disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus. Sarah: What’s that supposed to mean? George: I have no idea.
1) George: Here you go, Ma’am. Daycare Lady: This must be the Arrowbot. How adorable. 2) Daycare Lady: Go play with the other children, dear. Arrowbot:Ababababoo… 3) Daycare Lady: Not like that! George: Arrowbot, no! Arrowbot: Eh?
1) Rick: Hypothetically, what could trigger Arrowbot to transform from a gentle, loving soul, into a murderous killing machine? George: A mistake in his code. 2) Rick: Such as? George: A semicolon in the wrong place could do it. 3) Rick: But you’re a good programmer, right? George: Well, nobody’s perfect. 4) Rick: Now’s not the time for humility, George. George: Well then, yeah, I’m pretty amazing.
1) George: In a month, the Arrowbot will have the same intellect as someone Tessa’s age. 2) George: In two months, he’ll be as smart as you guys. Arrowbot: Ba ba la ba! 3) George: In three months, his intelligence will match my own. Arrowbot: Ba boo ba. 4) George: Just like this. Sarah: Nice graph, George.
1) Sarah: Gather around, guys. George is about to reveal his new invention. George: Everyone, I’d like you to meet… 2) George: Arrowbot. 3) Sarah: You built a robot BABY!? Tessa: I want one too! Rick: Is it sentient? George: Sentient, conscious, self-aware. The works. Arrowbot: Waaa!!
1) George: I’m designing a humanoid robot. 2) George: I’ll be able to run experiments on it instead of on animals. 3) Sarah: I’m glad you’re concerned about animal welfare. George: Yeah. 4) George: Plus I’m out of mice.
1) Sarah: George’s lamp is still on. He must be up late doing his homework. Rick: Sarah, the boy’s not doing his homework. He’s conjuring up big plans. 2) Sarah: What kind of plans? 3) George: Hey, you guys mind if I unplug the fire alarm for about an hour? Sarah: WHAT KIND OF PLANS?
1) Sarah: I think it’s so cute that you want to be an entrepreneur. George: Mom, I don’t want to be cute. 2) George: Do you think Elon Musk’s mom sings his praises, adorns him kisses, and calls him cute? 3) Sarah: I bet she does! George: Mommm…
1) Rick: George, I can’t give you $10,000 a week to start your business. 2) Rick: I don’t even earn $10,000 a week. George: You don’t? 3) Rick: No, not even close. George: Oh. 4) George: I didn’t know we were poor. Rick: Let me enlighten you with the average household income.
1) George: I’ll need a larger allowance, of course. Five dollars a week isn’t enough to start my business. 2) Rick: I admire your entrepreneurial spirit, George. How much did you have in mind? 3) George: Ten thousand dollars. 4) Rick: Don’t you think that’s a tad unrealistic? George: You’re probably right. Better make it twenty thousand.